Student Involvement

Contact or visit us

Derrick Gulley Jr., M.A.
Director of Student Engagement in Student Life
Center for Student Involvement
Roy Story Student Center, Lower Level
(402) 465-2411
dgulley [at] (dgulley[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)

Student Involvement

Get involved in activities, clubs and organizations at NWU

Student Life provides opportunities for Nebraska Wesleyan students to actively participate in clubs, organizations and activities to enrich their learning, leadership and social skills. 

Here are some of the opportunities in which students are encouraged to take part:

  • More than 50 student organizations 
  • Intercollegiate athletics, including 21 sports 
  • Greek letter organizations
  • Peer Assistant programs
  • Cooperative learning in courses and co-curricular organizations
  • Internship program
  • Teaching assistant opportunities
  • On-campus student employment
  • Leadership skill training and discussions
  • Full voting student representation on Board of Governors
  • Student representation on more than 20 major campus committees, commissions and councils
  • Student Affairs Senate (SAS)


Nebraska Wesleyan University has adopted this definition of leadership: “Leadership is the ability to empower others to achieve shared goals that promote the common good.” Through study, practice, and experiences, students will be challenged and supported to acquire knowledge, develop skills, and clarify values in the pursuit of effective leadership. Nebraska Wesleyan University has numerous involvement opportunities, which are an integral part of the college experience. It is through these experiences that leadership skills are nurtured and developed. Nebraska Wesleyan is committed to providing a wide variety of leadership experiences.

Student Activity Fee

The Student Activity Fee allocations are determined by the University’s Board of Governors based upon recommendations by the Student Affairs Senate (SAS). Your activity fee is used to support student services, organizations and activities.

The exact amount of support provided to student organizations can be obtained by contacting an SAS Officer. Registered student organizations may petition SAS for activity fee allocations by contacting the Office of Student Life or the SAS office for procedures.